Communiqué de Presse
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
UA Media Relations
Universal Audio Releases New Apollo Twin X Thunderbolt 3 Audio Interface
— Track and mix with elite-class Apollo X conversion and Realtime UAD Processing over Thunderbolt 3 on your desktop —
SCOTTS VALLEY, CA • October, 22nd, 2019 — Universal Audio, a leading manufacturer of professional audio recording hardware and software, is proud to release Apollo Twin X, now shipping and available in stores worldwide. Featuring elite-class A/D and D/A conversion inherited directly from the award-winning Apollo X rackmount interfaces, and Thunderbolt 3 connectivity for Mac or Windows, Apollo Twin X is a potent sonic update to the world's most popular professional desktop audio interface.
Available in UAD-2 DUO or QUAD Core formats for running acclaimed UAD plug-ins in real time, this 10 x 6 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface provides unrivaled sonic detail with 127 dB dynamic range. This elite-class conversion represents a new gold standard in desktop audio quality, ensuring that Apollo Twin will be used to capture a new generation of hits.
Apollo Twin X also features dual Unison-enabled mic preamps and a front-panel Hi-Z instrument input. Unison technology gives Apollo Twin X users the impedance characteristics, gain stage “sweet spots”, and unique circuit behaviors of the world’s most sought-after tube and solid state preamps, guitar amps, and stompboxes — including authentic emulations from API, Neve, Fender, Manley, SSL, Helios, UA and more.
Built upon UA’s 60-year heritage of audio craftsmanship, Apollo Twin X confidently outperforms everything in its class. With its unrivaled dynamic range, Realtime UAD Processing, and an included bundle of popular UAD plug-ins, Apollo Twin X presents a fully-stocked analog studio, right on the desktop.
- 10 x 6 Thunderbolt 3 desktop audio interface for Mac and Windows
- Elite-class A/D and D/A conversion inherited directly from acclaimed Apollo X rackmount interfaces
- 2 Unison mic preamps offer stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based mic preamps and guitar amps
- UAD-2 DUO or QUAD Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency
- Front-panel Unison-enabled Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
- Built-in talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Improved monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical ADAT or S/PDIF
- Includes the Realtime Analog Classics UAD plug-in bundle featuring the Teletronix LA-2A and 1176 compressors, Pultec EQs, UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, and AAX 64 in all major DAWs
Download images and press materials here:
Learn more about Apollo Twin X:
Learn more about UA Audio Interfaces:
Learn more about award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins:
About UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Powered by Universal Audio’s popular UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware and Apollo Thunderbolt and USB audio interfaces, UAD Powered Plug-Ins offer the world’s most authentic analog hardware emulations and award-winning audio plug-ins on Mac and PC. UAD plug-ins deliver rich, analog sound quality that would be difficult or impossible to achieve with native recording systems.
About Universal Audio Inc.
Founded in 1958 by recording pioneer Bill Putnam Sr., and refounded in 1999 by Bill Putnam Jr., Universal Audio is best known for its classic, hand-built analog hardware and advanced UAD Digital Signal Processing technology for recording, mixing, and mastering audio. Headquartered in Scotts Valley, California, UA is focused on merging the best of vintage analog and modern digital technology, following its rich recording heritage and motto, "Analog Ears. Digital Minds." www.uaudio.com
©2019 Universal Audio, Inc. All rights reserved. Product features, specifications, pricing, and availability are subject to change without notice. The "Universal Audio" name, UA "diamond" logo, "Apollo," "Apollo Twin," "UAD," "Powered Plug-Ins," and "UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins" are trademarks of Universal Audio Inc.