Communiqué de Presse
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
UA Media Relations
Universal Audio Announces OX Amp Top Box Windows 10 Compatibility
— Now Windows 10 desktop and laptop users can harness OX Amp Top Box's free app, allowing in-depth tone sculpting of OX's parameters —
SCOTTS VALLEY, CA • June 18th, 2019 — Universal Audio, a leading manufacturer of professional audio recording hardware and software, is pleased to introduce Windows 10 compatibility for OX Amp Top Box.
Now, Windows 10 desktop and laptop users can use OX's sleek software app for control over all of OX’s parameters via its built-in Wi-Fi, letting guitarists audition, tweak, and store hundreds of cabinet/mic/room presets. Together with a great-sounding tube amp, OX quickly delivers the tastiest album-quality guitar tones of all time.
A TEC Award winner at the 2019 NAMM show, OX Amp Top Box was also the recipient of Sound On Sound’s Readers’ Choice Award for Best New Guitar Technology Product.
OX is a premium reactive load box and guitar recording system, giving guitarists perfectly studio-miked amp sounds from their existing tube amp. OX lets users play and record tube amps in their ideal sweet spots — from the edge-of-breakup to fully cranked — with perfect dynamics at any volume level, and with stunning mic, room, and speaker cabinet emulations at the turn of a knob.
Featuring Universal Audio’s breakthrough Dynamic Room Modeling and Dynamic Speaker Modeling, OX is the first amp recording system to accurately emulate speaker breakup and cone cry — an essential ingredient to organic tube amp tones — generating additional harmonics and sonic complexity when the amp is cranked.
Using OX Amp Top Box, guitarists can quickly audition a range of expert cabinet/mic/room combinations — and may find that they never need to mic their tube amp again.
OX Amp Top Box has an estimated street price of $1,299.
- Premium, no-compromise analog reactive load box and guitar recording system for tube guitar amps
- Instant album-quality mic and speaker cabinet tones via front-panel “RIG” control
- Get record-ready sounds quickly with expertly-placed virtual mics — no amp miking needed
- Five finely-tuned guitar amp attenuation levels — from off to whisper quiet to full band volume
- UA Dynamic Speaker Modeling emulates speaker breakup and cone cry
- World-class Universal Audio EQ, compression, delay, and reverb effects built-in
- Selectable 4, 8, and 16-ohm operation
- Front-panel Headphone out for silent practice with cranked tones
- Balanced TRS line outs and S/PDIF digital outs for stereo recording
- Pair with OX app (Windows 10, iPad, or Mac) over Wi-Fi for editing and saving presets
Learn more about the OX Amp Top Box at uaudio.com/ox
About Universal Audio Inc.
Founded in 1958 by recording pioneer Bill Putnam Sr., and refounded in 1999 by Bill Putnam Jr., Universal Audio is best known for its classic, hand-built analog hardware and advanced UAD Digital Signal Processing technology for recording, mixing, and mastering audio. Headquartered in Scotts Valley, California, UA is focused on merging the best of vintage analog and modern digital technology, following its rich recording heritage and motto, "Analog Ears. Digital Minds." www.uaudio.com
©2018 Universal Audio, Inc. All rights reserved. Product features, specifications, pricing, and availability are subject to change without notice. The "Universal Audio" name, UA "diamond" logo, "Apollo," "Apollo Twin," "UAD," "Powered Plug-Ins," and "UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins" are trademarks of Universal Audio Inc.